You may have noticed that different search sites feature different size databases, from massive repositories of physician names and contact info of up to 20,000 records to smaller ones with, say, 6,000 or 7,000 names. Given the expense of accessing these services and the time outlay, it’s wise to understand which give you more bang for your buck.
There’s a conception in the job search field that “more is better.” But is it?
The advantages of a larger database:
- Sheer numbers. You get literally 10s of 1000s of names and contact info of physicians working in most if not all subspecialties. That’s good, right?
And then, the disadvantages of extremely large databases:
- Potentially obsolete data. Often, you’ll find physicians who are no longer looking for jobs. Any research or outreach to them would be wasted time.
- Inaccurate data. Email and contact info that has changed or is no longer valid.
At PhysEmp, we feel that the most important criteria when comparing the various sites is related to the care in updating the data by the service. The more massive databases are often the less tended ones, presenting data that is simply dumped on you. “You go get ‘em,” is the message.
In fact, in such systems, it’s possible that you are looking at obsolete, junk data.
Now, let’s look at a different philosophy of a job search site. The PhysEmp database offers a smaller but more vetted pool of candidates. The advantages are:
- You’ll see only physicians who are currently looking for jobs (within the last 12 months)
- Data that’s checked periodically and deleted if obsolete, such as physicians who have found jobs or no longer want to be contacted
- No data from purchased lists, which can’t be confirmed
When checking out job sites that feature physician data, consider:
- How old is the data?
- Is it checked and updated periodically?
- Are physicians who are no longer looking for jobs deleted from the database?
The PhysEmp site offers only physician job-seekers who have visited the site in the past year and have willingly shared their personal info.
A valuable service—and one only offered by PhysEmp—is “matching.” With Matching, you receive an email daily that shows only physicians (or nurses and allied health professionals) who meet your search criteria, delivered in a single batch email rather than in multiple, time-consuming emails.
Matching is an effective and high-value feature which increases your chances of placements.
After three decades in this fast-evolving industry, PhysEmp understands what clients want and need—an intuitive, fast site presenting clean, current data, optimized for both desktop and mobile use. Clients get a powerful tool for finding and placing physicians, nurses, and allied health workers.
Interested in learning more? Request a demo.